I did a whole lot of “making” this weekend. This is not to be confused with “making out“, which, um, didn’t happen. At all. This weekend, that is.
1. I made my bed. Both mornings. My momma didn’t raise no sloth.
2. I made a mess in my kitchen.
I didn’t get to creative with the ingredients. Cabbage and carrots. Baby steps, people. Just like Bob’s psychologist tells us.
3. I made myself lay in bed for an hour this reading Michael Pollan’s latest “Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual”. (I never lay in bed after I wake up. I’m an up-and-at-em kinda girl.) This was a nice change of pace. Check out my review here.
5. I made myself take a complete and total, 100% rest day on Sunday. Other than walking a mile to meet my friend downtown for breakfast, not a calorie was spent on physical exertion. And it was grand.
6. I almost made this dress. It is 90% finished; I just have to finish the bottom hem. (No, I will not be adding that silly little ruffle. I’m not a ruffle kinda girl.) I made it with halter straps. I couldn’t make myself get up off the couch last night to finish it though. Pajamas and a new book was just what the doctor ordered.
7. I made a lot of boring meals too. Lots of veggies, lots of smoothies, lots of dirty dishes. Why does it seem like I am ALWAYS doing dishes?
This week is my “rest week” for P90X. I’d be lying if I said that I was looking forward to a break from the weights. I’d also be lying if I said I was looking forward to 2 90-minute yoga sessions with Tony. I may have to change it up a little, for the sake of my sanity. I foresee a Bikram yoga class or two in my future.